7 Signs Your Relationship Is Heading In The Right Direction
Listen, not every relationship is perfect. Each relationship is its own relationship in its own right. Every relationship doesn’t have a title (sometimes titles are the precursor to the end) and not every relationship makes sense to everyone else (everyone in your business is typically the precursor to the end). Despite all of that, I’m sure that things are confusing to both parties involved. Many of us think that men lack the ability to pick up on hints but we neglect that at times women are just wondering, “What does he mean?” I believe women do this to protect themselves and figure out where to do. They want to know the signs that the situation is headed in the right direction. It’s not easy to decipher but there are some simple signs that the relationship is going in the right direction.
- He breaks the rules – There are a ton of unspoken rules about relationships and dating. Whether it’s how soon to call after the first date or not seeing each other two consecutive days when he starts breaking those rules it’s a sign that you’re headed in the right direction.
- His sex is emotional – C’mon you guys know exactly what I’m talking about. There are times when you know that the sex is just that… sex. There are other times when you can tell there is an emotional connection there and it’s not just spontaneous carnal expressions.
- He pays close attention – When men are really interested in a woman they pay attention and not just paying attention on the surface but on a deeper level. You’d be surprised how much a man can digest in a conversation. It’s not when a man knows the brand of your clothes and thinks it looks nice. It’s when he notices that you have a preference and he makes sure that your preferences are handled before you have to ask.
- He doesn’t like saying no – When men don’t care, they don’t mind giving you rejection. Even when a man tries his best to firm (which men should always have a reputation for doing) he finds it hard to bend in and say “no.” If you notice this is going on, it’s a sign that things are headed in the right direction.
- He talks about you with his loved ones – When I say, loved ones, I don’t mean just family. Everybody’s situation is different and he may not be ready to bring his family into it. However, the decision makers in his life will know about your presence. Don’t get too excited, it may be just him vetting the prospect of you with them BUT it means it’s headed in the right direction.
- He’s not pushy – Men who are interested in things going far are willing to work with you and insert compromise before it’s required. He’s not pushing you to do anything or placing you in a box he doesn’t want you to get out. He’s patient, communicative and all these things are sure tell signs that it’s going somewhere.
- He talks the future – Mr. Right and Mr. Right Now are separated by the future. One of these guys is talking about the here and now and the other is talking about his goals and aspirations. Even if he’s not talking about marriage, if he’s talking about things to come and you’re a part of that it’s a good sign.
Let me be sure to tell you that signs are not facts, they are signs. What I mean by that is that if you are taking these 7 signs and telling yourself that he’s in love with you, it may put you at risk. What I’m saying is that these are the symptoms that guys display when they’re really interested. This is something that you can hang your hat on and assume that it’s a nice gesture before you think he’s just trying to get in your pants. I didn’t say “he spends money on you” because a lot of people think that matters but it really doesn’t matter. It doesn’t matter if he takes you out on a date and doesn’t split the tab, it matters how many layers he’s willing to share with you.
- Dr. J